11.27.2013

{CONFESSIONS OF A DESIGNER TURNED PROJECT LIFER}

Confession #1: I have not created a single traditional kit this year.

WOW!  I have made this entire year of 2013 dedicated to Project Life. Why? Because I believe in it. I know that sounds silly, but I do! Maybe it was the arrival of my fourth child, maybe it was my ever increasingly busy life as a mother, maybe it was a move to a new home, I don't know, but whatever it was, it worked for me. And here is why it works. To me, scrapbooking is, and always has been, about keeping memories. Creating something for my children to look back at, to laugh, cry, and remember. I felt like so much of that was being overrun with creating the 'perfect' page, and that sometimes the photos would get lost amidst all of the embellishing. So...was I keeping a memory book, or creating a work of art? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a beautiful page where all of the shadows are fine tuned, every element perfectly placed, and the combination of papers is to die for, but I didn't have time for that. I wanted my memories preserved, but I just couldn't keep up. Enter Project Life. An easy to assemble format, focused on pictures and journaling. Yes please! Once I started I KNEW this was what I had been looking for.

Confession #2: I have failed miserably.

Once we moved into our new home in August my Project Life album went down the drain. I have some major catching up to do, but I will be done by the end of the year. :) And I will share all of my pages, I promise! :)

So there you have it. I hope you have enjoyed my PL creations this year, and I hope that I've even helped some of you be able to keep up to date preserving the precious memories...or "golden moments" if you will...in your lives. Memory keeping truly is my passion, and I hope that shows through in my designs and pages. It's not about creating a piece of art, it's about creating a keepsake.

2 comments:

  1. I just bought a TON of your project life products during your sale! I love them. I love the simple look for some things. I just have a request. HAHA Could you make a few of your filler cards so that they go horizontally?! Obviously you can turn the blank ones, but the cute ones with sayings, I keep finding I wish I could flip my templates and use them sideways. I know it's not traditional PL style, but, that's why I like digital! ;) Anyway, just a thought I had when scrapping this week! I also love your birthday kit too because it has a few embellishments. Adding an embellishment piece to all your kits would be fab too! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! That is a fabulous idea to turn some of the filler cards horizontal, I'll see what I can do. :) And I anticipate doing a few more little embellishments to go along with each collection next year. Thank you for your ideas, they are always welcomed!

      Delete